Saturday 5 April 2008

Highland Adventure

I am sure many of you were wondering why I hadn't posted anything in a while... well I was on a 6 month sabbatical from blogging. Those first three months were tough, so I needed some time off to ponder everything that is life in Scotland. Now that we are heading out of winter, the sun is up for more than 5 hours a day and it hasn't been raining everyday. Jess and I pretty much just hang out in Edinburgh, but we decided we needed to explore Scotland more. Before yesterday, the only places I had really been in Scotland (outside of Edinburgh) were Glasgow, lived there for 2 weeks, and Aberdeen, which I have taken a few trip to due to work. All travel between these cities has been via rail.

Yesterday (4 Apr 08), Jess and I went on a day trip to the highlands with one of the local tour bus companies (Rabbie's Loch Ness, Glencoe, and the Highlands tour). Although there were some slow points, which is expected when driving 350 miles in one day, it was great fun. All the pictures have been posted on smugmug, but I thought I would share my experience with 'Hamish the highland cow'














I was enjoying an apple near Hamish and he started to get very excited and kept reaching his head out toward me. Then Jess remembered hearing someone say he liked apples, so I thought I would share mine (Jess was going to but she was scared she might lose her hand - I think she just didn't want to share her apple!).




Hamish happily took the apple slice, but left me a little something as well (see hand below, which is also proof that I didn't lose it in Hamish's mouth);



After this we saw other people feeding him apples, but they just gave him the whole apple, which I am sure he appreciated more, but they weren't left with the parting gift that I was!

1 comment:

Carli G said...

I am sure that the Hamish cow was very happy to have a small slice of your apple. :)