Monday 27 August 2007

The Trouser Press

The first hotel I have stayed at since I got to Scotland was a place called the Patio hotel in Aberdeen. It was an alright place, I was only there one night and it got the job done. In the room, it had a trouser press hanging on the wall, but at that time I had no idea what it was (I actually pulled it off the wall when I was investigating) and there were no directions (as the one in the pictures do), so I left it alone. Then I had to go down to London for a day and this trouser press was in my closet. I doubt every household has one of these, but it seems like a great idea. I picked up a brochure for one at marks and spencers, basically they work like an iron (heat to get out the wrinkles), but somehow they also have a stretching mechanism in them to help get out the wrinkles (vs. potentially just making them worse). Next time I am in a hotel I will have to give it a try!

No comments: